Teamwork

Well, well, well. It's been a long long time since I've written something on this post. Yes. It had been really long. Because of all the uni work and stuff. I know that this blog is supposed to be something related to my uni stuff. And so, our topic today will be about Teamwork.

I remembered when I was in my Secondary 1, I was 13 back then, I attended to a camp that was organized by my school's choir club. It was some sort like a 3 days master class. It was fun. Everything that we done that time, I still remembered it until today. There was a session, where I forgotten who the speaker was. She was talking about being as one, singing as one.

The master class started like this. How would you cook a plate of delicious fried rice?

So all of us have different answer to it. Rice, ketchup, egg, onion, abalone, prawn and etc.

So it related back to what I wanted to say now. Teamwork.

While you are working in a group, doing your group assignment and stuff, sometimes you will be assigned to the members by your teacher or your lecturers, and sometimes, you get to choose your own team mates. Well, not necessarily on assignment. You can also think about work, sports, anything that required teamwork.

But, every time you choose a partner, or group member, or you were assigned, you won't know their personality. Everyone in the group have their own personality. Some might be those who can uphold the role of the leader and some are those who can be a team player. It depend on what type of jobs or assignments that you are talking.

So, people have their own personality, like I've said. You can't choose what type of personality they will have. Being in a team, and to maintain the teamwork in the group, is first, to learn how to tolerate to one another. Like a plate of yummy fried rice. You need a lot ingredients to make it tasty with different taste. In a group, if there is one less people, your job would not be done nicely.

Tolerating each other's weakness is the first step. I know, people do have different temper. It takes different things to tick people off. When you are in a group, you must always know when to help and when not to help. The time you help is the time you are tolerating to them. They might not know how to do it, you help. If they are overly attached to you, asking you whatever, that is the time you push the responsibilities back to him/her.

The second step, is to listen. Youngsters are very impatient, and sometimes egoistic. They always want everything to go in their way. But that is not how it works. Being in a team is to accept all the ideas given and take the once that will benefit the group the most. Everyone's ideas are different. Try taking a part of the idea from one person, putting it with another person. Well, at the end of the day, you will find something amazing created from this teamwork that we are saying.

The third step, is to work together. While we are doing assignments, we will be like:" Oh you do this part and you do that part. By day XXX give it to me and I will combine everything." But, but but..... Not to say this is a bad way of doing things. Everyone does it this way. But have you ever wondered, if you are doing it together, you will know where are your strengths and where are your weaknesses? When you know them, you can ask help from your team mates or you can provide help from your team mates. It's the same theory as sports. If not, why are the sportsmen train together? Why does a team of football player required to train together? Provided you not talk gossip when you are working.

So this is the 3 steps that I think can improve teamwork. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. I took all of this based on my own experiences. If you think otherwise, please don't hesitate to tell me. I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Cheerios,
YiXin Ching
[chingyixin1@gmail.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Anytime, Anywhere. By YiXin Blog Design by Ipietoon