Can earning RM 3000 in Malaysia take care of your girlfriend

Hey everyone. It has been a very very long time since I started updating this blog. Initially, this blog was supposed to be an educational blog where I post up my assignments and stuff. But nowadays since I've graduated uni, I feel like there is another need of this blog. Well, the main purpose of me maintaining this blog is mainly to keep track of my writing skills. I do have a personal blog where it is a place for me to nag about stuff. 

So let's get straight to the point. Can a men earning RM 3000 in Malaysia take care of his girlfriend. Well, some of you may ask, why do you write such a thing? To be honest, when I was watching a video yesterday and something pique my interest. The content of the video was Can you take care of your girlfriend if your salary is at RMB 5000. The results of the survey wasn't really shocking. 70% of the China lady said that it is not even enough. They all said that they need more than 10k a month to survive. 

I was like WHUTTTTTT? But when I heard their reasons, it is even more funny. Some have pets who spends like 3-4k a month. Some need make up products, some want bags and those secondary things. Well, it is quite funny. Do you need all those things from a men? Your pet you also want your bf to take care? The bf main job is to take care of you not the pet. Another 30% of the participants are those realistic once. They said that maybe it is enough and some even said why use the money of the men when they can earn themselves. 

So after I watched the video, I did a simple survey on Facebook naming, Can you take care of your girlfriend when you earn RM 3000. Well, it is actually same as earning 5k RMB. So I tried asking and the answer I got was kind of to my surprise. One of my friend from uni posted something like "Why gf can't take care of themselves?". I mean, her point of view was actually quite good. We discussed about it and I got a piece of her mind. She was talking about gender equality in the world. 

As gender equality have become such an important matter in the world, we would always associate gender equality to feminism. Women should have the same pay as men. Women should have this, should do that. But imagine this. When everyone is saying this, what about the men? When women achieved gender equality, what about those men who worked as hard? When we talked about gender equality, it means equality for both sides, oh well if you considered those who are gender-less. Hahahahaha. If what we fight for today, would not bring peace around the world, why fight for it? 

A lot of feminist think that fighting for gender equality means that I would fight for what is right for me and my gender. But doesn't it go back to the word gender? Gender equality means that we would fight for the equality of human beings regardless of whether they are men, women or trans. If you are not fighting for that, and you kept saying that gender equality is for female only, then you can go and drown yourself in the sea. We do not need you to fight for the equality. 

So back to the problem. From my point of view, I think that this matter, it has become a norm for women out there with what I called, Princess Syndrome. In short PS. So what is PS? It generally means that those women, who do not work hard for what they want, and they would constantly request their parents, their bfs, and their siblings to pay for what they want. They would just 'manja' a bit to their partner and they would do it. 

So when we look at these things, sometimes I just feel like slapping those people. You want something, why not work hard for it? Why ask the men to work hard for you? They work hard for you, bought you all those things, and does it meant that he loves you? Are you a leech? To what extend you want to suck those energy and money out of them? 

Often, all these women are always associated with gender equality. They would always say, men are earning more than us, so they SHOULD take care of us. Well, I mean, if by taking care means he look after you when you are sick, buy you porridge when you need, be there for you when you are facing hard times when you are at work, those I agree. But by taking care you mean buy you Prada, Gucci, YSL, LV, Burberry, iPhone, well then you can again drown yourself in the sea. 

Those things are really what I called material stuff. Do you need those to show people how much you have? Is posting on Instagram with the pictures of you going out to a very expensive dinner something that would make you proud? Would having a LV bag make you rich? Answer, NO. Those are just social expectations of what you perceive. Those things, are what you want people to see. It is not important. Why can't you just let go of all of those and live as a normal couple? 

After talking for so much, I feel that, well you know, if you know how to manage your finances, earning 3k in Malaysia is definitely enough for you to take care of yourself and girlfriend. But if you want to have a family, that is not entirely enough. Readers, what do you guys think? Give me some feedback let me know what you thought about. 

Signing off, 
YiXin Ching. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Anytime, Anywhere. By YiXin Blog Design by Ipietoon